View Single Post
DJ Tsunami
DJ Post Spammer
Old 10-20-2009 , 10:57   Re: [EXTENSION] SDK Hooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by berni View Post
What is the "String:mapEntities[]" parameter good for ? Does it contain the map entities created on mapstart ? How to use it ?
It's a string of the entities that are inside the BSP file. It's a very large string (technically up to 2MB, but usually below 500KB), so you'll need #pragma dynamic, and then explode on "\n" and read each line.

Quote:
I think the parameters "char const *pOldLevel, char const *pLandmarkName, bool loadGame, bool background" what be also interesting to have in the hook.
For some reason pOldLevel and pLandmarkName were always NULL, I don't know what loadGame is for, and I can't imagine any map on a dedicated server ever being a background, so it didn't seem useful to me to pass those too.

Quote:
And do you have examples what could be done with the SetTransmit() hook ? Why would I not let it send an entity to a player ?
Basically when you don't want a specific player to see that entity For example, when you parent an entity to someone's head, it floats in front of their view. With a SetTransmit hook you can hide it from the owner, while still allowing other players to see it.