View Single Post
FrenchTart
Old 10-13-2009 , 20:16   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op and Versus) - Alpha Build 71
Reply With Quote #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by muukis View Post
First of, thanks for the feedback. I could and probably should replace PrintToChatAll calls to something like PrintToChatTeam. That would make the plugin less spammy. I could also make some modification to the configurations so that it allows methods to force less messages.
That would be great if you don't mind I wasn't complaining about the spam as such (as I personally didn't mind the message frequency/size) but having more configuration options is always a good thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muukis View Post
Configs should always be generated when the plugin gets loaded. For that event to occur, you need to unload the plugin first... or at least that is what I think you have to do. Reload or refresh will not be always enough. The OnPluginStart event will raise once a map changes? Or was it once a campaign changes?
I'm not sure on this but I would've thought that it's on a map change. Either way, please don't take this particular part too seriously unless you hear something similar from someone else. I wouldn't want to rule out user error on my part as at the time I was a bit rusty on srcds config/maint

Just to note - the server itself had been completely stopped/started and I probably also power cycled the dedi itself. I'd also played a few games with two players (in coop), completing several maps in a few campaigns (though not completing a full campaign). Once again though, I can't claim that there was definitely no user error on my part

Last edited by FrenchTart; 10-13-2009 at 20:18.