View Single Post
FrenchTart
Old 10-12-2009 , 13:25   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op and Versus) - Alpha Build 71
Reply With Quote #32

Hi again.

Apologies for the earlier support question. I've now got the plugin working. The reason the fix escaped me at first was due to needing to provide a symlink to the mysqld.socks file. Unfortunately, on ubuntu 9.10 64bit (or at least on this particular dedi), sourcemod seems to think that the .socks file is in /tmp/, rather than it's proper location. This is despite the correct file location being specified in my.cnf.

My config files were correct, hence the frustration in trying to find a solution :/

Anyhow...

The plugin seems to be working fairly well, though almost instantly my regulars complained about the size of the text/how spammy the plugin was. For now I've turned off player update spam but it would be nice to be able to make it less obtrusive in some way. Smaller text size, more control over which messages are displayed, etc.

Also possibly worth noting (unless I've messed up somewhere), the plugin didn't auto generate the cfg file for the sm cvars. This was on a fresh install. Update: The config file has now appeared, weirdly. This didn't happen until a few games had been played though. Strange.

Last edited by FrenchTart; 10-12-2009 at 16:50.