View Single Post
decaprime
Old 06-03-2009 , 19:44   [TOOLS] Notepad++ Auto-completion/Inline Docs/Syntax Highlighting
Reply With Quote #1

2010-5-26
Updated Notepad++ UserDefinedLang.xml
(right click > Save As)

I do a majority of my programming in Visual Studio and I'm starting to write scripts for my server and sought to replicate that environment. With pawn studio no longer being/no longer fully functional, and not enough time to code a language service for Visual Studio I have mimicked the functionality in Notepad++

A picture probably demonstrates this best:

Important: There are issues with the latest version of notepad++, this was developed and tested with the 5.1.X version. Later versions have an issue that won't expand functions with long descriptions try SetHudTextParams( to test with your version. I haven't pinpointed the version this starts occurring, input is appreciated.

A few notes:
-Installation instructions are in the readme.txt in the zip
-I have nothing to do with notepad++ itself and the auto-completion functionality isn't super reliable.
-In generating the inline docs I set the word wrap arbitrarily, and I run on a fairly high resolution (1920x1200) if this is an issue for enough people I can make another version.
-If notepad++ crashes there is a good chance the preferences for the auto-completion got reset, just reapply them.
-Feel free to recolor the syntax and redistribute with credit

Thanks to CShadowRun and devicenull
Attached Files
File Type: zip decas_npp_tools.zip (79.2 KB, 10319 views)

Last edited by psychonic; 05-26-2010 at 14:01.