View Single Post
zilakz
Old 05-27-2009 , 12:13   Re: /hlds_run: line 321: 7373 Segmentation fault $HL_CMD
Reply With Quote #15

Hello

I have been having these problems as well on my with with diffrent segmentation error.

I noticed that my auto amxmodx installer from my server provider missed to give out information about plugins.ini located in the metamod folder.
Make sure you have done this step!

http://wiki.amxmodx.org/Installing_A...ally#Configure

And set the comamnds:
for windows:
win32 addons/amxmodx/dlls/amxmodx_mm.dll
or for linux:
linux addons/amxmodx/dlls/amxmodx_mm_i386.so

If you dont know if your server provider host a linux or windows server ASK THEM! its very important you get it right!

mine had the sign ";" in front of the line, after removing the sign ";" in front of the line, the segment error dissapeard.
I'm gonng test run my server now and update this thread if my server still goes down and do weird things.

Question:
Can AmxModx run without metamod?
maybe on another mod that maybe is more adapet for linux servers, since i heard the segment problems are mostly happening on linux servers.

just asking.

EDIT!!!!
These segment errors is caused my haveing amxmodx installed i figured out.
I'm nost sure if its bound to AMXmodX or just simply the metamod plugin itself.
If this dont help do this:

1. Remove everything and ask for a fresh install without metamod and amx enabled and see if you get the error (possebly not)
2. Install Metamod "ONLY". (See if the error comes up.)
3. install maxmodX with metamod allready installed.

If the problem comes up at point 1, the its your server provider fault.
If the problem comes up at point 2, its metamod who causes it.
and if it's point 3, its AMX.

IMPORTANT!
Before going to step 2 run the server atleast 24H, same when your on step 3 befor going to step 4.

The segment errors seams to come at random time's.
So make sure 100% you are sure its not caused by point 1 or 2 before moving on to point 3!

(post your results)

Last edited by zilakz; 05-27-2009 at 12:23.