View Single Post
Tirant
Veteran Member
Old 05-26-2009 , 23:39   Re: l4d - the counter-strike way...
Reply With Quote #9

It sounds good but it is impossible, especially for most players. You would need to rework a lot of things. Monster mod would be impossible and so would most bots probably. I suppose you could maybe get a bot working, but you'd need it very customized in order to function correctly. Also, it would be laggy. 100-150 zombies at ~1k polies (being nice) is 100k poly count. 1/4 of that would probably lag anyone (or most) who still play cs 1.6. Monster mod is impossible becuase updating the positions of over 10 people will lag everyone. There may only be one solution to these problems. creativity. I have a few ideas, but they are of course my ideas, not yours.

Btw, having content from other games (w/o permission) on your computer without owning them is illegal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DruGzOG View Post
It's possible shine771, A group of modders in my clan attempted to create modules and engines from cs to support a cs vs. of L4D.

So Far we have gotten the fog to work, the animation skins designed by frk_14 as well as the whole falling on the floor when u get damaged and you a life bar thing. We also got sounds taken from the actual game, and the spawn of 100-150 zombies using 7 BOTS. Only problem is, we need a server with maximum CPU Usage cuz it can't just keep spawning more and more zombies. Tested for an hour and it crashes. So the farthest we got through was an hour based on a server of 128 fps and I believe 2 RAM. (Based Off my friends Dedicated Server)

Maps is an issue. The Gun Animation is a problem. The Smoker shooting its tongue out is a problem. And The smashing of walls (Based on maps is a problem)

Still working on it (Has been about a 3-4 month process so far
This kinda furthers my point a little. It is all in good taste, but it is just a lot of work. In order to make it completely and get it to work right, you will need completely custom content (maps, etc) and have like a specific way of making maps. I myself remade the apartments map in l4d partially and it looked pretty good, but trust me, your better off just starting fresh with your own ideas.

PM me if you're interested in buying the Credits addition for Base Builder
Battlefield Rebirth [66% done]
Call of Duty: MW2 [100% done]
Base Builder [100% done]

Last edited by Tirant; 05-26-2009 at 23:45.