View Single Post
Apex_
Old 03-20-2009 , 20:09   Re: [L4D] Director Controller (All4Dead)
Reply With Quote #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0detox0 View Post
Apparently I was ignored can anyone answer my previous post ? This would seem to take priority since tank spawns ruin the match.

I sympathize man, we've been running DA and DT since the week the game came out and really began playing them heavily when Crimson let me test out his versus tools meta plugin.

Some observations to throw into the pot with detox's post...Almost every time a team doesn't get a tank while their opponents do, it's the second team up. In my (extensive!) experience anyway, playing infected first means you're less likely to get a tank than the first survivor team, and most often the first team gets an *earlier* tank to boot.

With the exception of occasional back-to-back tanks (literally less than a 1% map progress gap between them) or complete omission of a tank by the director for the second team up, I've had pretty good luck with the placement. Luck mind you, since the director seems to outright ignore almost all cvars for versus on those two maps. Pretty strange stuff.

To be completely honest I enjoy the randomized placement of bosses. The variance in amount given to each team is what gets on my nerves.