View Single Post
Pantaloon
Old 03-07-2009 , 15:46   Re: GunGame AMXX 2.12
Reply With Quote #15

Hi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxAvalanchexX View Post
When you talk about the random kills per level, would it just be selected and set once on the start of the map, or would each weapon get a different value, or would each player have a different value, etcetera?
I mean only on starting up the map, i think its nonsense to give a random value for each player/weapon, then a player has never a real chance to win.

Quote:
Right now it is possible to have multiple random weapon orders:
http://avalanche.gungame.org/faq.php#q3
I can see there a limit of 10 random weapon orders, in my example the trick is to create an endless string where the weapon order wrapper is "[ ]"and the delimiter is ",".

Another example:

Quote:
gg_weapon_order "[weapon_order1],[weapon_order2],[weapon_order3],[...],[weapon_order33],[weapon_order34],[weapon_order35]"
Another cool idea are this cvars:
Quote:
gg_random_weapon_order_status 1
gg_random_weapon_order_level 20
That means, that gungame is creating an own random weapon order with 20 levels.

I have a lot ideas, hope u have time enough *smile* I have not enough knowledge in C to realise that.

Quote:
Storing the cvars in a database sounds like a nifty idea, and I appreciate your offer, but for now it sounds like it might be beyond the scope of what I have in mind.
Okaaay

Quote:
I think if it were to happen, it wouldn't be very efficient to always be reading the values from a database, so they would have to be cached.
Allways caching isnt good, the best way is to use a cvar for that and creating a sourcehandler, so it can made possible to get the cvars from random sources like a database, a JSON string (very usefull to get random values an other funny things , here is caching not so good) and/or config files.

You can contact me if you want. Private message me for ICQ or other im-tools.

Greets,
Panti

Last edited by Pantaloon; 03-07-2009 at 15:54.