View Single Post
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 11-29-2008 , 19:41   Re: servers show as "down"
Reply With Quote #12

you didn't step on my toes, i understand that you got used to the other plug-in and have a configuration for it that is working fine. at least until the hlds update. i had to rewrite much code in xREDIRECT too but this time i created a very dynamic method, so the next protocol update won't hurt that much again.

and remember your problems are only in the new beta, the "different mod" feature is just some hours old. i expect the current version to work fine for you. did you already try it? it looks like all of your servers are still running the outdated 1.0 version.

about the "different mod" issue:
i did some testing with your server already and it was quite disappointing. i added your server to the server list of one of my NS servers and let it check your server. and this is what i got:
Code:
L 11/30/2008 - 01:33:07: [xredirect.amxx] mod comparison: local mod "ns" differs from remote mod "cstrike"
so i can't reproduce your issue, for me it is working fine, your server mod is correctly detected as being "cstrike"

[EDIT]
and to answer your question in the other thread: no, upgrading to AMXX 1.81 won't make the other server menu work again. the plug-in itself has to be changed to support the new protocol.

Last edited by xOR; 11-29-2008 at 20:08.