View Single Post
TFN|Nick
Old 12-19-2007 , 16:02   Server Startup Configuration
Reply With Quote #1

Server Startup Configuration

by
-=( TFN | Pieface )=-

Description
This is a tool that allows users to run a config file only on server startup. This is useful if you want to setup all of your sourcemod files but may want to tweak settings later. Say for instance:

"I use deathbeam and have setup my colours for teams as x,y,z but got complaints about it so i have disabled it. However when the server changes map and server.cfg is executed again all my settings are back to normal and i have to manually disable it again. So now our head admin has to disable it in the script so we can activate it later. This is a pain!"

This plugin was designed to run only the one file on server startup so that i can change any settings and have them stay that way without having to execute a file manually after the server has restarted.

Eh, i developed it for my server but i'm just posting it here so anyone who wants to can use it .

IMPORTANT: This plugin has been tested on my CS:S server and works fine but there maybe kinks etc to be worked out. Therefore the plugin is still in BETA!

CVars
sm_startup_active <1|0> This enables/disables the plugin
sm_startup_file MyConfig.cfg This is the full file path of your config
sm_startup <1|0> This is a system CVar used to decide whether to execute the script or not. DO NOT CHANGE!!
sm_startup_version Kinda speaks for itself really

Installation
Place the .smx file into the "plugin" folder and the .sp into your "scripting" folder. Put the following line into your server.cfg:

sm_startup_file MyConfig.cfg*

*This needs to be the full file path to your config file.

Change Log
0.1.x - initial versions, overly complicated and buggy.
0.2.0 - recode of 0.1.x, easier to setup/change. (BETA)
0.2.1 - tested and various bugs fixed. (BETA)
0.2.2 - fixed a bug. File names where logging as numbers *n00b*

Future Plans
WarMode support
AutoExec creation
Admin Menu support

Support
I will support this plugin, but i will need the following details:
  • sourcemod version
  • metamod version
  • server type
  • plugin version
  • error logs/messages etc
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (server_startup.sp - 3202 views - 2.9 KB)
File Type: smx server_startup.smx (1.8 KB, 1108 views)

Last edited by TFN|Nick; 12-22-2007 at 08:33.
Send a message via MSN to TFN|Nick