Thread: call admin
View Single Post
StevnJ9971
Old 12-02-2006 , 17:55   Re: call admin
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntelliQ View Post
If Im not mistaken, for the plugin to interact with an instant messenger you'd have to have one of those messengers running in the background. In that case, could u just minimize your game and IM them?

It might save a few seconds of frag-time not having to miminze the game, but it seems like a lot of work in order to save a few seconds in game play time.

Even in an extreme scenario of getting brutalized in a game of deathmatch, if i need help kicking butt, or report someone, I go to steam friends and PM someone or Msn messenger and IM them.

Intersting idea you have, I really dont mean to nay-say it, Im just thinking that the programs needed to contact someone would already have to be running and pretty easy to use?
Well I do agree with this, but at the same time, the people who would be calling the admin wouldn't know my AIM screen name. That's the main purpose of the plugin. If someone who's not in the clan and doesn't know my steam name or AIM screen name, they can just say "!admin" or something like that and it would send me a message through AIM.