View Single Post
{|E2160|]{--}._%-=FuZz=-_
Old 09-23-2005 , 21:57   I need help...very badly
Reply With Quote #1

Hello, I've been a big fan of Counter-Strike Source ever since it's release, but one thng that's really irked me is the spawn system. I really disliked how when you die, you just sit there and,uh, watch until the end of the round.

So, when my friend told me about this mod, my immediate reaction was "My dream has come true." I was thrilled beyond words.

Anyhow, I expected a simple EXE, but.. turns out I was wrong...

Now, first thing I should mention is that I'm not very good with files and stuff..

I Downloaded the Source DM plugin and I am currently stuck at step one.. Okay, go ahead and laugh.. I downloaded the metamod source thing (apparently a pre-requisite.) The crux of my problem seem sto be that, on the installation magge of metamod, step 3 dictates that you find a folder called "mods" or mod", but that's where the documentation falls short. Where is this folder located? Is it in the steam directory? Do you have to donwload source dedicated server or something else for that folder to exist?

Again, sorry if this sounds exceedingly stupid, but as I said, I am a noob. ;) I can't wait to get this mod up and runing.