View Single Post
TheVaskov
Old 03-25-2024 , 11:57   block hiding v_model
Reply With Quote #1

Task: enable v_model display when changing FOV

I have already tried different methods of replacing data in (I will list the methods in a confused way)
player pdata_cbase
weapon pdata_cbase
m_flFieldOfView
m_iFOV
m_iClientFOV
message_begin(MSG_ONE, get_user_msgid("SetFOV"), _, idx_player);
set_rendering
m_iObserverWeapon
ExecuteHamB(Ham_DOD_Weapon_ZoomIn,idx_wpn)
pev_viewmodel
pev_viewmodel2

I also tried to create an entity separately, and place it directly in front of the player's screen, assigning a model, but it has an intermittent motion function tied to nextthink and its origin and pitch still doesn't look very attractive to me, and the most important thing in processing CliettData is hiding the entity from other players, a very bad idea

In the end, I want to make iron sights for Day Of Defeat to change the angle of view by at least 5-10 degrees, I can just rebuild the model and make it visible without changing the FOV, but the task is to see this model with a changed FOV.
Perhaps someone tried reverse engineering of the grandfather's library to find in which function the relationship occurs that disables v_model

...Someone was able to solve this problem in CS 1.6. You can see how AUG has a model instead of a sight sprite with a modified FOV.I have not been able to adapt this method for DOD