View Single Post
El_Mariachi
Old 03-21-2024 , 02:52   Re: HLDS won't work on linux
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
I just installed "cstrike" with a single run of steamcmd on Linux. I tried to run the command that you claimed worked but it said that that map doesn't exist. It ran fine if I ran it with a map that does exist (like cs_assault). You always require the +map argument with a valid map. However, if I run it without the +map argument, it doesn't segfault but you can't really do anything.

I've never heard of a game called "action" but the steamcmd command seemed to download (something) completely on the first try but when I try to start it, it doesn't seem to exist ("Invalid game type 'action' sepecified. [SIC]"). I don't see a folder with the name "action".

HOWEVER, I just noticed something, I wonder if your biggest problem is that you're trying to install a standalone HLDS server in the location where the client game files are located, this is not good. A standalone HLDS server should be installed "standalone", away from anything else.
so you're suggesting i gotta install it somewhere remote? like hlds under /home/rootusr/hlds and steamcmd under /home/rootusr/steamcmd