View Single Post
alliedfront
Old 01-11-2024 , 17:53   Re: [L4D1 & L4D2] Votekick (no black screen)
Reply With Quote #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragokas View Post
It is possible to do by replacing "menu.DisplayVoteToAll" with "menu.DisplayVote" and passing the desired array of clients allowed to vote atm. By I'm limited in time to do it myself.
Initially, this plugin is only designed for coop game mode, and never intended for versus.
Yes, I understand that well. I really like your plugin, even though it wasn't intended for versus, because it is also effective against abuse of exploits in versus games, where emotions are running high, to terrorize other players and to kick them out of the game.

The day before yesterday I was reading the documentation for Sourcemod and, like you, came across this menu.DisplayVote function. It should be possible for both cases (co-op and versus) to fill the array only with players from the corresponding team. Special cases also arise (target in deny-list, then fill array with players of both teams, if it's a versus game). The only thing I still find problematic about menu.DisplayVote is that when there is a tie, a random value is apparently returned, which is probably aimed primarily at mapvote votes: "On a tie, a random item will be returned from a list of the tied items." For the vote kick we would need the function to return, whether there was a tie or not. If that's not possible, perhaps we could get the exact result via SetVoteResultCallback().

Unfortunately I haven't had time to program anything yet, but I have already set up the Linux server in vmware on my Windows PC and installed LinuxGSM L4D on it (like on the live server) in order to first test what I am programming at home.

Last edited by alliedfront; 01-11-2024 at 18:28.