View Single Post
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 07-14-2023 , 10:18   Re: just shut with that pride logo shit, thats not something to be proud about
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhob94 View Post
Do you think this is ok?
I think it’s up to the parents of the children, who appear to be present at that event alongside them and perfectly fine with what’s going on there. I however don’t get why your issues with a performance art form are at all related to the “discussion” here.

Quote:
Do you think a child doing an operation that is irreversible is ok?
I think that’s up to the child (if they’re Gillick competent) and their parents and medical professionals, not politicians or people on the internet.

Quote:
Do you think it is ok for a person who just says he identifies as a woman have the right to share a bathroom with a 5 years old girl?
I think it’s beyond insane to attribute ill intent to someone just because of their identity.

Quote:
lgbt is trying to enforce a failed ideology into kids.
Trans kids should get the opportunity to grow up into trans adults.

You seem quite focused on trying to debate a bunch of common talking points, but the reason folk need representation is about remembering the human, the fact there are other people out there like them, and not just people who want them hidden and away. That’s what the logo is all about, and there is a lot more to the community than just the segment currently being debated across the media (and sadly now here).

I understand being afraid of the unknown, I don’t understand the desire to listen to religious and political leaders thoughts on matters of human biology and sociology, rather than people’s lived experiences and medical professionals.

This isn’t the place to debate how you feel about LGBTQIA+ folk though, feel free to complain about the logo and AM’s support of them in our community, those posts will inform people of who you are - and I don’t know how you can be happy to put that out there into the world.

Last edited by asherkin; 07-14-2023 at 10:18.