View Single Post
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 12-10-2022 , 02:29   Re: [L4D2] plugin cfg files appearing in console window upon startup
Reply With Quote #2

I've had this problem before but I don't exactly remember what was causing it, I think it was a malformed config. Try renaming the "cfgs/sourcemod" folder and starting the server. See If that fixes it. You could try using the "Cvar Configs Updater" plugin with the cvar set to comment out default values. If either of those work, slowly start adding/overwriting the previous configs until you find the one causing it.

Since the first output is from "l4d2_cola" I would try looking at that config and see if it's missing a " or the comments are wrong or deleting it entirely and letting the plugin generate again.

Please let us know what the issue was and how it was resolved.

Edit: I just recalled I think it was a bad character within one of the configs. This happened to be from one of my plugins a while back, I don't recall if that issue was present in the released version or just a bad config I had setup. If the plugins of mine are from an old backup or something, I suggest grabbing my "Plugin Updates Checker" plugin and verifying you have the latest plugins of mine and then I would recommend the "Cvar Configs Updater" to make fresh configs whist retaining your previous settings. Although if it is a config issue that might break somewhere, so please let me know if that's the case.

Last edited by Silvers; 12-10-2022 at 02:32.