View Single Post
possibly_yaboi_mark
Old 07-17-2022 , 21:30   Re: [TF2] Hidden dev attributes
Reply With Quote #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikusch View Post
Valve changed something in CPopulationManager::FindPopulationFileByShort Name, so that signature needs updating, as well as the offset for g_pFullFileSystem.

Update these lines:
Code:
            "addr_g_pFullFileSystem"
            {
                "linux"
                {
                    "signature" "g_pFullFileSystem"
                    "read"    "0"
                }
                "windows"
                {
                    "signature" "CPopulationManager::FindPopulationFileByShortName"
                    "read"    "52"
                    "read"    "0"
                }
            }
Code:
"CPopulationManager::FindPopulationFileByShortName"
{
    "library"        "server"
    "windows"    "\x55\x8B\xEC\x81\xEC\x04\x01\x00\x00\x8D\x85\xFC\xFE\xFF\xFF\x56\x68\x04\x01\x00\x00\x6A\x00\x50\xE8\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x8B\x75\x08"
}
so, after installing this (into addons/sourcemod), my server crashes whenever it attempts to load the plugin, and seeing this and the fact i'm running a windows server, i assumed that i needed to add the above code into tf2hiddenattribs.sp. the problem is i have no idea how i'm supposed to read this post (im new here (signed up yesterday), and i'm historically bad at seeing small details only, so please humor me here). do i add these two bits of code somewhere (doesnt state where in the file)? do i need to replace one already existing code and place in the other (cant find the code im supposed to replace)? i generally cannot tell.