View Single Post
audiotechyo
Old 05-29-2022 , 21:36   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5274

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMore View Post
Apologies if you feel that I was rude in my answer. Believe me, I was not. I just remembered myself when I started the GG server a couple of years ago I asked similar questions.

Players can’t override server settings, and fastdl is the server settings too. So, what you set on the server, will be used by client's.

Regarding warmup. There are warmup settings managed by CS:GO, for example, mp_warmuptime, and the warmup managed by GG. Please be sure that the server warmup is switched off and you use the warmup managed by GG.
No worries, I consider myself brand new to CS servers, I did run a CSS GG server back in like, 2008, but nothing since then lol.

As far as the sv_allowupload 1 setting goes, in order for you to as a player to join a server with custom content that is not connected to fast download, you cannot download it unless you, the player, enables that server var. Dont ask me why, but there are threads, and videos discussing that you need to enable it. What I have read, but not tested yet, is setting up fastDL in order to bypass that issue. As for fastDL it only requires you to enable custom content in the settings menu. But you would need to do this for ZM, GG, MG, already. So most people know to do this.

I figured I had a mp setting messed up, I probably have warmuptime enable which is causing this issue. Thanks for that.