View Single Post
GandalfTheWhite
Old 04-12-2022 , 01:00   Re: [TF2] TF2Attributes (v1.2.1, 07/02/2015)
Reply With Quote #611

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storby View Post
I have questions how I make minigun shoot rockets ?
You could use the override projectile type attribute with a value of 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosoop View Post
I now have a developer preview up in my releases that adds support for string attributes.

You still can't do things like set custom names / descriptions (this will probably never happen), but you can now read them, and you can set attributes given the name and string value (mainly the server-sided things like custom projectile model).

Code:
// read the custom name on an item, or "NO NAME" if the item doesn't have a custom name
// note that you must use the attribute class, not the name
TF2Attrib_HookValueString("NO NAME", "custom_name_attr", entity, buffer, sizeof(buffer));

// set a custom projectile model on a weapon
TF2Attrib_SetFromStringValue(entity, "custom projectile model", "models/weapons/c_models/c_grenadelauncher/c_grenadelauncher.mdl");

// you can even read off strings from somewhere and do this and it will Just Work(tm) for setting it as any type the game supports
TF2Attrib_SetFromStringValue(entity, "fire rate bonus HIDDEN", "0.2");
Let me know if you run into any issues with this one.
Hello! I've tried to use the custom projectile model attribute with your plugin, but it only works for grenade-type projectiles. I'm using it alongside the Custom Weapons X.

Excuse me if I said something wrong. My english it's not the best and this is the first time I reply to a thread in this website.

Last edited by GandalfTheWhite; 04-12-2022 at 01:05.