View Single Post
cravenge
Veteran Member
Old 02-12-2022 , 10:46   [L4D/L4D2] Survivor Character Fixes | 0.2 : Soon
Reply With Quote #1

About:
Recommended for servers that have survivor character changing plug-ins (e.g. Character Select Menu, Survivor Chat Select and Character Manager)
Apparently, playing as L4D1 survivors along the L4D2 crew looks fine in plain sight. But behind the scenes, something dangerous is happening.

Keep in mind that there are these "member variables" under classes and structs within the game and most of said member variables, which are related to survivor characters, are multidimensional arrays and can only hold up to 4 indexes max per dimension.

So what happens is this: once Bill, Zoey, Francis and/or Louis is/are added into the gameplay, stuff goes haywire and since the member variables I mentioned can only account for 4 survivor characters (mainly 0 to 3 or Nick to Ellis), it's more likely that the next member variable or variables will be overwritten and it's because of the L4D1 survivors' character indexes being higher than 3.

For those who have noticed, a recent update was released for L4D2 which finally stopped Zoey from crashing on Windows. It may seem like there's nothing else to worry about from that point on but that's wrong.

ConVars:
  • survivor_character_fixes_version
    → Version of this plug-in

Requirements:
✧ SourceMod 1.11+
✧ My fork of the Source Scramble extension

🎮 EdisonGar, Rise and Cuba - For helping me test

Related Plug-ins:
[L4D/L4D2] Dialogue Criteria Fixes

Changelog:
Code:
0.1 (02/12/22)
* First release
Attached Files
File Type: txt survivor_character_fixes.txt (4.7 KB, 1199 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (survivor_character_fixes.sp - 1077 views - 14.0 KB)
File Type: smx survivor_character_fixes.smx (7.0 KB, 1058 views)

Last edited by cravenge; 06-18-2023 at 03:26.