View Single Post
PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 01-02-2022 , 18:27   Re: [TF2] Gimme (v1.6 02 Jan 2022)
Reply With Quote #11

Plugin in original post updated to version 1.6

New version fixes a bug that prevented certain classes from equipping a shotgun. It also now prevents players from giving themselves primary and secondary weapons on medieval mode maps.

This version introduces an index limit of 49,999 that players can give themselves with the !gimme command. They are allowed to equip any item as long as it has an index number less than 50,000. Custom items in the tf2items.givecustom.txt file that have an index number of 50,000 or higher can only be given to players with the !giveitem command.

This version also adds a command for players to check the item indexes and name of equipped items. Admins can check the indexes and name of equipped items of any player. You can change the admin overrides setting for "sm_checkitems" to allow any player to check the equipped items of any player.

Note: The check item command won't show the custom item index number, it will instead show the index number of the actual equipped item.

I'm exploring the possibility of adding a save items feature. It's far more complicated than it sounds, especially for a hobbyist plugin writer. My test version is pretty ugly with multidimensional arrays. If anyone already built a good version that saves items feel free to post it. Until then I'll keep working on it.

I'm also exploring the possibility of adding a 'clone' feature. My thought is that if you see a loadout you want you could just use a command to equip yourself with their current loadout.

Last edited by PC Gamer; 01-03-2022 at 07:29.