View Single Post
Maku
Old 10-13-2021 , 14:50   Re: [L4D & L4D2] ZSpawn: Zombie Spawn manager (v1.2.4)[23-Sep-2021]
Reply With Quote #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earendil View Post
Yes, disable tank autospawn, but allow normal tanks. For some maps you can make custom config files (I think is a current feature of the game itself).

Thanks, it worked!
What about the finale wave tank? It forces to spawn the tank at the finale within 300 seconds and we end up fighting double tanks. It says the minimum is 120.

Quote:
// Max time in seconds for finale fights, after this time a finale Tank will be forced to spawn.
// This forces tanks to spawn when zombie spawn rate is very high.
// -
// Default: "300.0"
// Minimum: "120.000000"
zspawn_finale_duration "300.0"
Should I increase the duration? I'm concerned about increasing it because I don't want the finale to last longer than it should since it does state "Max time in seconds for finale fights."

This kind of bugs out the finale in Resident Evil 2 Side B map since the tank is supposed to spawn -after- the players have powered the generator. But the tanks -immediately- spawns right when we get the option to turn on the power. After killing the tanks that weren't suppose to spawn in, another set of tanks is spawned in by the map director.

This is just a minor issue since I don't really mind fighting the tank, but it gets really complicated when the tanks spawn in when they are not supposed to so we end up fighting a tank along with a horde (Because the horde is supposed to be continuously spawning while waiting for the map director's tank to spawn in and since the forced spawning of finale tanks kind of ignores the custom map's spawning rules, it becomes really hard especially when the zombies just keeps body blocking and causing you to slow down).

You don't really need to fix it as I kind of really enjoy it as well, but I can't say the same for other people who joins me. Do you have any ideas how to keep the minimum finale timer without the force spawning of tanks?