View Single Post
Grey Echo
Old 01-10-2021 , 14:04   Re: [CS:GO] Zombie Deathmatch (v0.1.2, 2021-01-09)
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayar View Post
I figured out the issue ; there is some error/configuration step missed when not using Fastdl ; it is not setup for my server and even with "sv_allowupload 1" the session is getting stuck at loading. Hence the earlier issue of no one was able to join and play

BTW I logged into your server to check if any issue with the CSGO client and all the files got downloaded from your FastDL instance and now i am able to play on my server too with the second machine, however that doesn't solve the issue of model/material download for non FastDl servers.
As of February 2018, all CS:GO clients have `sv_allowupload` set to 0 by default, which means no files will be downloaded from your server by a client even if that client is missing the files they need to play. I recommend you set up FastDL for your server as without it, only clients that have explicitly set `sv_allowupload` to 1 will be able to play on your server unless they happen to already have all the files they need to play, which is possible as at least some of the custom materials and models included with this plugin are used by some other servers running other zombie-themed plugins, but I wouldn't rely on that.

Here are some helpful resources describing the problem in greater detail, with the last one being a basic guide to setting up a FastDL server: