View Single Post
Kira20
Old 12-06-2020 , 22:34   Re: [L4D2] vphysics.dll crash
Reply With Quote #10

I've tried Marttt's suggestions for the time being, although I did not do it on a clean L4D2 install yet, just tried the download metamod 1.11 and updating sourcemod by downloading SM 1.11 (whichever build doesn't matter I assume?), including updating the multitanks and its gamedata by user HarryPorter. The game still crashes with the same error stated by today's .mdmp file.

Now I'm going to give the game a fresh install and this time check the plugins I used one by one to see if problem still exists. I will report back here once I've made progress.

Update: I uninstalled/deleted L4D2 and all of the SM, MM, mods etc. Took this opportunity to re-test everything I posted in post #1 on official campaigns and custom community campaigns. Running the game on its own with no additional stuffs causes no issues, as expected. I then proceed to subscribe mods on Steam Workshop one by one, eventually I get to the bottom of the addons used list. Now, playing the game alongside with mods also causes no issues as of now. I am planning to further test this on couple other campaigns to really rule out that its not mods that's causing this crash.

Once I've done this, it is time to install SM and MM again but this time, will test the plugins one by one. Will report back when there's progress

Last edited by Kira20; 12-10-2020 at 01:16.