View Single Post
NiTro1
Old 09-27-2020 , 19:56   Re: L4D2 - The Last Stand Update - Issues and Bugs - Mega Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
SM 1.7 what rock are you living under? You're missing bug fixes, memory leak fixes, enhancements, features etc. I don't know why people/L4D/2 community stick with such old versions and don't upgrade. If you're scared of things breaking, backup server before and ugprade then test. There are only a few private extensions which might not be compiled for SM 1.10 but that's the owners issue to deal with. Most/all public extensions have been compiled for 1.10. One reason I made left4dhooks was left4downtown extension recompile updates had been spread over and wasn't clear where the latest versions were, also when 1.10 came out it took a while to get an updated version.
well it depends on the stuff you using on your server and the server config...L4d2 is an old game and the game engine is old and for those 10 years no big deal changes they made, its the same shit game since they made it...and those new SM builds and updates are mostly dedicated to other games like CSGO.
So why i should update and all this extra work when my servers run perfect and stable.

Last edited by NiTro1; 09-27-2020 at 19:56.