View Single Post
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 09-04-2020 , 14:32   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reload Fix - Max Clip Size (1.0) [01-Sep-2020]
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbef0102 View Post
Sorry, will you also fix autoshotgun(including spas) reloading animation glitch?

This glitch only happens when
you start to reload shotgun from 0 to 15 or above.
One day, I used Info Editor to modify autoshotgun "clip_size" key value to 20, and I just found this glitch.
This animation glitch doesn't affect anything, just a question here
Have fixed reload animation stopping on shotguns when reloading >= 15 in one go. Sent PM test version before releasing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReCreator View Post
Also, if player has full "edited" clip and try to reload, animation start an break in a second.
That's the best the plugin can do due to client side prediction, without this fix the animation would constantly spaz out trying to start for a few seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit_12 View Post
This will work nicely on my server.

A few observations. While this does fix the constant animation glitch there is still some room for improvement. I have reduced ammo for the shotguns on my server, so clip size is 8 and 9 for Spaz and autoshotgun. The animation glitch still happens when you try to reload on full clip. Again its just visual, but it does happen. I'll provide more feedback as I do more testing.
Shotguns don't trigger the function being detoured, but also don't spaz out constantly trying to reload for several seconds like other weapons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex101192 View Post
Are there any issues that could come up when using this plugin while there was no modification to the clip size?
No it shouldn't affect anything, but in the next version will ignore doing anything when the clips stock size.

Last edited by Silvers; 09-04-2020 at 14:36.