View Single Post
J_Tanzanite
Old 05-24-2020 , 05:15   Re: [ANY] Little Anti-Cheat
Reply With Quote #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyrek View Post
Just for info. Not complaining tho ;)
Code:
was detected and banned for Bhop (Jumps Presses: 79 | Bhops: 10)
With jump binded to mouse scroll up/down.
There is about a 0.01 to 0.1% chance of a false positive happening when people bind mwheeldown/up to +jump.
And this looks to be one of them, you can unban if you choose, as this ban doesn't strike me as someone cheating.
Just a normal player.

As for why I range the percentage to be there:
I recommend watching this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBUPlhiki3s

If jump is spammed (through a macro or scroll wheel), then there is at best a 50% chance of hitting the jump button at the right time, at best.
So, the basic calculation is: (0.5^10) * 100 = 0,0976 ~ 0.1% chance of a false positive.
0.5 is the percentage (0.5 = 50%), 10 is the amount of bhops, and 100 is just so we get a nice percentage number, rather than a multiplier.

However, rarely will your input match completely the ticks, exactly how much they would match, I don't know for sure, but lets say it rounds off to be about you having a 40% chance of landing the jump at the perfect tick (Worst case scenario).
So: (0.4^10) * 100 = 0,0104 ~ 0.01% chance of a false positive from jump spamming.

So it's clearly possible to do for legit players, and getting false banned, but the chances are low, and most people don't bhop (Tho in some games, people try to bhop more than in other games).
However, I have gotten reports of cheats also spamming jump to make it seem like they are using a macro.

I still believe this ban to be invalid, so you should unban.
However, it is up to each server owner what they see as reasonable and not, and what they see as likely invalid and valid.

Btw, there is a new command in the latest version of Lilac that lets you set the ban length of each cheat detection feature.
lilac_set_ban_length, you can use this to set bhop bans to be shorter if you rather not ban players permanently.

Something I have considered is that on lower tickrates, bhoping might be easier, as you have a bigger timespan where you can time something perfectly.
Lilac was originally developed for TF2, where the tickrate is 66.
CS:GO is at 64.
So it's mainly games like L4D and L4D2 where I'm a little concerned, since the tickrate is 30.