View Single Post
scorpius2k1
Old 05-13-2020 , 16:16   Re: SetEntPropEnt "m_hOwnerEntity" Changes Collision Group & Weapon Interaction
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by safetymoose View Post
It's not a bug, that is how the engine works. Same applies to goldsource games. There is no collision between an entity and it's owner.
Thanks for the reply. I had wondered if that was possibly the case and the reason I put the word "bug" in quotes It still seems odd to me why this was implemented that way. Do you by chance have any links that you have verified that is how the engine works? Not saying you're wrong, but I would like to research this a bit further as it might lead to a solution for the other side of this issue which I am more interested in -- weapons.

Prop ownership still doesn't explain what is happening to certain weapons being able to interact with the prop while some don't. One solid proof for this here is with HL2DM. A player can set SLAMS (which are also props after they are set in the world). Even with the player being the prop owner, they are still be able to interact/damage them with any weapon.

What is the difference going on here?
66.151.244.149:27016 => CONNECT