View Single Post
Oadriax
Old 02-24-2020 , 23:18   Re: Sven Coop 5.20 Advanced Experience Mod(v1.4.5)
Reply With Quote #22

I have to say that I love this mod but it is broken in a way that I do not fully understand. When hosting a dedicated server with this mod whenever someone joins something in the files of the XP mod overwrites the default command for forward and backward speed from 400 to 9999 in their config file within the svencoop folder. While this has no impact on actual movement in those directions as well as left or right, it makes it so that moving forward and sideways at the same time is impossible. Actually what it seems to do is create some kind of odd fraction between the 9999 forward and back and the default 400 walking sideways which isn't even listed as a command in the config file that it is editing. You can still move left and right while going forward or back but its such a tiny amount that its basically impossible to see without actually studying it. I know how to fix the problem on a client side, simply by changing back to the defaults of 400 and I have had this happen to at least 6 other people since installing this mod.

I noticed that the Red Bull part of this add on has a line that includes 9999 regarding movement speed but changing this to 400 didnt seem to fix the issue. If someone could figure this out for me I would greatly appreciate it because it is basically ruining the experience for me and all the effort I have put into this dedicated server. I would go with another RPG/XP mod but this one seems to be the best out of the ones that I have seen.