View Single Post
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 02-16-2020 , 22:14   Re: FastDL for a CS:GO Server !
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybapunk View Post
2. I personally prefer HFS "Http File Server" [https://www.rejetto.com/hfs/] my clan uses it not for our FastDL, but for a few other things, such as backups / minecraft world backups / other stuff

Xampp Is tricky and im not the one to explain it but HFS is simple, you run the EXE, Turn it on, and add your cs directory as a virtual folder

it will then give you an ip... this is mine ***REMOVED IP*** if youd like to demo it
For your own protection, I removed the IP that you exposed, - and suggest you to change all your passwords!

As you say, it is very simple, ... BUT YOU JUST DON'T ADD YOUR "cs directory as a virtual folder" for anything like you did here .

All files and folders below your "virtual folder" will be exposed to the public, including such as e.g. your rcon_password from server.cfg, your admin configs, admin password (if any), ... SIMPLY EVERYTHING!

I am not the one to decide for you, but I kindly suggest you paying a little more attention to what you do in the future. Mostly for your own sake.

If things are too complicated for you, please ally yourself with someone who can do the stuff( properly).

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].

Last edited by DarkDeviL; 02-16-2020 at 22:15.