View Single Post
Effeff
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-25-2019 , 03:44   Re: AbNeR MapLister (Workshop ready)
Reply With Quote #2

Oh I like this a lot. It has been annoying for me to copy and paste the same changes in mapcycle.txt, maplist.txt, and adminmenu_maplist.ini.

Suggestions:
  1. Allow us to create a map list by adding maps one at a time (and also remove from list if we change our mind about adding a map).
    • Add a way to see this list, similar to sm_maplist, so we know what our new list looks like before we save it.
  2. Allow us to add or remove maps from the existing map list at path.
    • Either read that file first, create a list in the script, and then overwrite when you are done making changes, or
    • Append new maps to the file if they are not duplicate, and remove existing maps from the file if they exist.
  3. Allow us (in a config?) to add multiple paths, so that we can write the command once and it will automatically change the files at all of the locations I have included in the config. Maybe in path parameter, we can write "all" so that you know we want to write to all paths in the config.
    • This one is useful because it can let us allow admins who do not know the paths to edit maplist
  4. For workshop maps only, allow us to add maps that do not exist in /maps/ by making sure that the server allows downloading from workshop (they need to have "ds_get_newest_subscribed_files" in server config).
    • This one might be hard, I'm not sure how you would make sure that the server successfully downloaded the map or if it failed for many reasons.