View Single Post
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 10-17-2019 , 10:01   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Anti-Speedrunner System (v29.39, 07-16-2018)
Reply With Quote #217

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex101192 View Post
After testing it here's what I found.

The initial saferoom door lockdown is bugged. It's basically the same type of lockdown that's made for the ending saferoom just put in the initial one. That's bad because the initial door has some layers to remove before open, so the lockdown only triggers after the door is opened which makes it pointless.

The check for speedrun weirdly moves survivors camera every few seconds. It's very annoying and I doubt anyone would want to play like this. The whole checking is also not consistent. In the first map it won't be there, and as a result there won't be no camera move and no stacks. It starts doing its job from the next level and even then, if the survivors die and restart the chapter, the check won't be there once again.

At this point anybody that wants to use this plugin should disable the lockdown for the first saferoom door and also the speedrunners checking, and just use the plugin for the keyman and lockdown functions of the ending saferoom.

It's very curious to me how you are not aware of these issues, as just 10 minutes of testing are enough to experience them.
Just because I don't respond to everyone's reports doesn't mean that I'm unaware of all the issues. That's why I even advised you AGAINST using this plugin until I release an update. I have also stated that I cannot give an exact date for the next update at the moment. I'm not denying anyone's reports and insisting that the plugin is in perfect condition.