View Single Post
edon1337
Penguin Enthusiast
Old 07-19-2019 , 16:51   Re: Contact/Ticket System v2.0 [UPDATED 05/17/2019]
Reply With Quote #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEarthQuake View Post
You do not have sockets already existing.
My apologies, I meant this
Quote:
Originally Posted by edon1337 View Post
What's the point of having that feature added when a plugin that has it already exists?

Quote:
Originally Posted by feruchio View Post
I also would suggest if it is possible to make it normal people to be able to see all public messages, so it would be kinda like a message board where everyone lets something for others to read, but only admins to be able to delete them.
I can make a private version for you, but I'm not going to implement that as a public version. This plugin is intended to keep the messages private to the server owners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEarthQuake View Post
Even easier make MOTD state tag chat message with ADMIN for polling. Make a task to grep it which will automatically e-mail it already on a local server without root admins having to learn SPF and zone records etc.

Sockets if not done with small buffers are laggy as can be even if checking if it is readable or writable or not first.

People who are already bitching about the system and taking the time to make a ticket will make another stating, "Oh by the way, it gets laggy every time I gripe on a ticket! LOL"
I'm sorry but, I didn't understand the "MOTD state tag chat message with ADMIN for polling" part. Could you explain?
I don't think using e-mail addresses and sockets is a good idea, keeping it local sounds way easier, cleaner and more flexible.

Last edited by edon1337; 07-19-2019 at 16:52.