View Single Post
NanoC
Veteran Member
Old 05-31-2019 , 00:01   Re: [CSGO] Panorama Map Crash Fix (v1.4.0 30/03/2019)
Reply With Quote #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effeff View Post
sneaK insists that the problem isn't caused by LDR maps. However, through account of many people who have gone through switching to only using maps compiled with HDR, clearly the problem seems to go away for the most part when you do only use HDR maps.

It went away almost entirely when I switched to only using HDR maps, besides one particular map that I had decompiled/recompiled (out of a few that I had done the same to). Originally I thought this crashing problem was just me on this map, and when I opened both the map I changed to and map I changed from in Hammer, I saw a prop that had was just that giant error box.

I took the embedded files folder I got when I decompiled the map, and dragged it into my csgo directory. After this, I stopped crashing, but mostly everyone else continued to (obviously at this point I realized it wasn't just me who was crashing on map change for this map). Then I recompiled the map again and the crashing stopped. So I assume I just packed the map incorrectly originally, and that was causing the crashing for people on that specific map? Or maybe it was just a coincidence?

Maybe instead, the problem is that all of these maps need to be recompiled regardless of it being in HDR or LDR? Someone could test if compiling one of these working non-crashing HDR maps in LDR results in the crashing problem.

Regardless, I don't use this plugin or BOT Benson/Agent Wesker's, and clients on my server don't crash on map change after I switched to only using HDR maps.
Trust, everybody can fix this crashing issue if server managers upload only HDR maps instead LDR. I know that it's annoying but i think its the only way so far.
I was using LDR maps (with and without those mapcrash plugins) and crashes stilled there.
There're a lot of communities using only HDR maps. I tested this by myself and i can confirm this 100%. I recompiled every map LDR on my server and people stopped crashing.
Sorry for my bad english