View Single Post
Lux
Veteran Member
Old 03-02-2019 , 22:57   RE: Dragokas
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by axelnieves2012 View Post
can you please make a "3rd person detect" (for L4D1) too, please?
Survivors can get into 3rd person when:
# start healing
# pounced by hunter
# tied by smoker
# stuned when a hunter pounces other survivor (in survival and vs mode).
# stuned by boomer
# stuned by witch
#stuned by close explosion
This is just for querying "c_thirdpersonshoulder" clientcvar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragokas View Post
However, in that case, the name of the forward does not match the meaning. Why not make that forward do exactly how it is named, call the forward only once when person view mode is really changed instead of spamming.
I changed this to match forward meaning,
Even tho english is my native language i'm very bad at it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragokas View Post
You are creating forward call every time QueryClientConVarCallback of "c_thirdpersonshoulder" is raised. It's incorrect. Because if you set third person view, next exit the server, next enter the server again, "c_thirdpersonshoulder" will be initially == 1, but player is in 1st person mode! As soon as I use command "thirdpersonshoulder", "c_thirdpersonshoulder" is changed to "0", but real person view is not changed and at the same time according your logic new forward will be created when it shouldn't. I see you are using some fix, but it is intended for "bIsThirdPerson" value correction only.
Using "sm_map" will put you in firstperson, however using map_vote function built into l4d will leave you in firstperson this is apart of the fix.

I only try to guarantee that they are first person to avoid any mishap with people who don't use thirdperson shoulder, as I can't guarantee weather they are in firstperson or thirdpersonshoulder I can only try to make a best guess, people who actively use thirdpersonshoulder should can always toggle again this is due to valve not matching the cvar with the clientview correctly.

Thanks for your input i'v improved the plugin and optimized with reducing other plugins receiving forward calls.

Commission me for L4D

Last edited by Lux; 03-02-2019 at 22:59.