View Single Post
Dragokas
Veteran Member
Old 05-22-2018 , 10:19   Re: [EXTENSION] Late Downloads
Reply With Quote #35

Hi, Backup!

1) Can you please describe more about behaviour of:
Quote:
* @param addAsStatic When true, files are also added into downloads table as static downloads. On the next call the files are checked against this table to avoid repeated downloads of the same files.
How is it actually work? I thought, you are adding file to AddFileToDownloadsTable in parallel. But I added AddLateDownload to OnMapStart() and I see no black screen.

Personally, I need reliable downloading system. See: If I'm adding several paths and client disconnect on half-way, I don't want to waste traffic. I need to know what files he already downloaded. I cannot rely on OnDownloadSuccess() forward (server could reboot, client could reinstall client e.t.c.). And I cannot use AddLateDownload() again because I noticed it download file again even if client already downloaded that file. Is it possible somehow to know if client already downloaded file? (AddFileToDownloadsTable() function somehow know that information).

P.S. I think, I could resolve it by setting client's cookie for each successfully downloaded file, so my downloader will check for them first before beginning actual download process. It's not a complete solution because user can manually delete some file (without reinstalling the game).

2) Is there any restriction for the number of consecutive calls of AddLateDownload()?
Mean, if I don't want to call array alternative - AddLateDownloads().

3) Is it normal OnDownloadSuccess returns duplicate records:
- one for client ID == 0
- second for the actual client ID.
?

Thanks again,
looking forward for your answer,
Alex.

Last edited by Dragokas; 05-22-2018 at 10:26.