View Single Post
ketakevin
Old 05-12-2018 , 10:27   Re: Announce Spray Height in Chat [converting a simple amx plugin to sourcepawn]
Reply With Quote #6

Thank you for the replies, let me answer them:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyren View Post
This is because you have a runtime error, as your server console would tell you. TR_TraceRay does not return anything and you meant to use TR_TraceRayEx. (Alternatively, if you tried to address the compiler warnings, you might have noticed it as well.)
Yeah, I solved that by removing the 'new handle:' part and did it the same way like the first trace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyal282 View Post
If spray is created the moment you look at the wall ( which I think not happening in CS:GO ), just make the height by the aim origin. Also cheating is very easy by using a ladder, surfing and trampolines.
I'm developing this plugin for cs source. Cheating, if not allowed, must be prevented by the CTs, also cheating with surfing, ladder and trampolines is part of the game if you play spray high extreme for example.

Right now I just take the z coord of the aim vector and the z coord of the ground vector (where x,y is the same) and substract them to get the height relative to the floor. The plugin however seems to get the wrong height for the ground vector if you stand against the wall.

Aside from that I need to code a third trace to determine if the spray touches the ceiling (ground is easy tho because the height is 0+0,5*spraysize then)

If you want to test out my plugin feel free to visit my server at 95.216.17.188:27015 (only this plugin + sm base is running)

Last edited by ketakevin; 05-12-2018 at 10:30.