View Single Post
fragnichtnach
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-27-2018 , 15:46   Re: [CS:Go] Problem with the situation about !ws / !knife
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaK View Post
Since I was mentioned, my thoughts and actions I've pursued on the issue: https://snksrv.com/threads/weapon-sk...d-why-not.533/
I've just read your post. I totally understand everybody using these ws-knife-plugins and I appriciate your fight against these plugins.

There are several reasons, I wouldn't run this plugin myself. but this is one of the main reasons:
- Imagine: faceit would run those plugins (it would be totally economic: 10-15cent a token, ca. 1,80€ a month per server)
- What would Valve do? -> maybe the would go to a lawer and try to get money from faceit for stealing
intellectual property
- Are we save, that they don't do this with private persons? Not really... (probably they won't, but you will never know)

What can we do? Maybe we could start a digital signatures petition including a solution. Would Valve listen to this? We don't know.

But in fact I can't imagine that Valve is happy with the current situtation. They are not making a relevant amount of money with the GSLT-banned-accounts. there is a company that is pulling out 1000 GSLT out of one account that costs actually less than 9€. Overestimate 50.000 servers are using these plugins. 50*9€*3 = 450 € a week. That is rubbish for Valve...

Last edited by fragnichtnach; 03-27-2018 at 16:03.