View Single Post
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 03-11-2018 , 18:41   Re: [RELEASE] SourceBans++ (v1.6.2) [Updated: 2017-07-04]

For easier access for other moderators/plugin (un)approvers, I'll also add it here what I just added as Issue #414, Deprecating SBBanPlayer is fine in forks, but then please change your library name.

Quote:
In the commit on March 30, 2017:

Native "SBBanPlayer" was marked as deprecated.

Based on a quick view, it still seems like both the old and new native does the exact same thing, and as such, the deprecation wasn't necessary at all.

Deprecating the "SBBanPlayer" means that there will a lot of issues with warnings for people trying to compile plugins build for the official SourceBans, and essentially removing it completely will lead to issues, as this fork still share the same library name "sourcebans".

As such, a possible solution is to change the sourcebans.inc include file name as well as the contents from "sourcebans" to something like "sourcebanspp" or "sourcebansplusplus"

All existing plugins would of course need to be re-written a little bit to support SourceBans++ then, but it is then possible to support both the official SourceBans, SourceBans++ (even if SBBanPlayer is removed completely), as well as other potential SourceBans "forks", when none of those have the same library name (and natives).

I was previously considering unapproving (of course, only until it was fixed!), though the reason I'm creating the issue (and this post) is to give you guys a shot at fixing it first rather than performing quick actions that perhaps wouldn't be necessary.

I do hope on your understanding to the situation though.

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].

Last edited by DarkDeviL; 03-11-2018 at 18:42.