View Single Post
SomePanns
Old 06-24-2017 , 06:49   Re: [ANY] A new era of keeping hackers out! [SourceCBL]
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyrek View Post
Great idea!
It would be nice if you could allow importing your database into existing sourcebans installation or just simple button to download latest DB dump. Maybe allow public sql access, but only with select permission.
I know that there is an API, but that's another additionally check on every player connect.
I think we got a similar request to this earlier and I'm going to try to make it as clear as possible, if I have understood your request correctly:

We are not going to allow whitelisting of any kind with our bans, it's either all in or it's nothing. Being able to access a DB dump to import it into your existing SourceBans installation, without running SourceCBL (as I assume you won't run it if you do this), is going to allow you to delete bans you don't like. In other words you're whitelisting people, which as stated, is something we're not going to provide at the moment.

Of course, if you're experienced with PHP, you can use the API to manually add the bans into your SourceBans installation. However, this is against our ToS and if you get caught doing it you're going to get blacklisted from using our API.