View Single Post
PartialCloning
Old 04-30-2017 , 15:13   Re: Adding a "ReHLDS" tag in plugin submissions
Reply With Quote #6

The main point in adding reHLDS support.

Quote:
Last, probably the most important and decisive point which has motivated me to do something. Someone created a fork of AMXX (based on old dev), named ReAmxModx by adding Re* support and supposedly adding improvements and fixes, but it's closed source. Quite absurd, isn't?
I tried to talk as maintainer to the author to see if we could work together and he refused. For some reasons he doesn't want to share the source code, even the bug found. This makes no sense, AMXX being a public and open-source project, and the end this is to help the community.
This can't be helped to find such behavior quite suspicious (cf the latest news, right), even though it's probably not the case here, but still, we have no way to verify what's happening inside.
This is even more worrying because of admins being redirecting to this fork (which doesn't seem to be updated often too) due to the lack of support in the original version. Just this point would be an enough reason to provide a support for Re* API to avoid people being stuck to use some shady fo
However I agree, reAPI plugins should be allowed. reHLDS and reGameDLL are as easy as replacing two files. In fact it's easier to add rehlds, regamedll and reapi to a server than to attempt to get signatures for orpheu.

1.8.3 should include either Orpheu or a fixed Okapi if supporting the HLDS becomes a requirement.