View Single Post
NgBUCKWANGS
Old 01-09-2017 , 00:28   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A L4D2 5+ Player Enhancement for Campaign
Reply With Quote #35

For those of you that know how to compile from source, if you change line 542 in version 0.1.15 from

PHP Code:
if (IsClientValid(client)) { 
to

PHP Code:
if (targetTeam == && IsClientValid(client)) { 
You should see a massive performance improvement with specials (regardless of how they spawn). To test, do abm-mk -24 3 with any version prior to this tip and then do it again after. Tada, performance

Thanks to a good friend running ABM bugging me about how performance seemed bad and the clue being specials to blame. I looked into it and it turns out that targetTeam == 2 was the missing check that prevents equipping the special infected with a shotgun, bat and shot and etc. They don't need that stuff, sorry about that.

For those of you that would like to try a totally new way to deal with the plaguing spectating bug that also sets up a way forward for dealing with timeouts and other abnormal disconnects, I'll upload 0.1.16 here on this post. If 0.1.15 is experimental already, this one is the extreme alpha pup but I feel pretty confident with it. I also removed tanks from spawning with abm-mk because I've purposely made them random and random dictates if you want 24 specials, you'll get 24 tanks at some point.

Break it. Let me know which is better? 0.1.15 or 0.1.16?

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (abm.sp - 307 views - 53.2 KB)
File Type: txt abm.txt (1.9 KB, 159 views)
File Type: smx abm.smx (30.9 KB, 155 views)