View Single Post
NgBUCKWANGS
Old 12-17-2016 , 16:26   Re: ABM
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthedains View Post
Looks interesting. I will test this on my linux server and see how it goes.
Hopefully it goes good. I've only tested on CentOS and Ubuntu servers and it works as expected. I never tried a Windows server and I had zero plans to really support it until it blew up on a friends server (Thanks for trying it out ). My absolute bane in life is how attracted I can get to a problem once it's in my sights. There might be a better version for Windows users on GitLab atm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggle View Post
Slightly related, what does "ABM" stand for? Would it not make it easier for people to find the plugin if it had a name that offered a little more detail?
I was afraid I'd get this question. It was only a matter of time and that was quick. It was gonna be "Another Bot Manager" because of how many features it had in regards to bots but I couldn't find "the other" L4D2 Bot Manager. At this point it couldn't just be "another" without there first existing something else like it. I then thought about "Awesome" but then thought blah that's cheesy.

At the moment it doesn't technically stand for anything and I thought how about people call it whatever they want? Argh Blah Meh? I'm horrible in the marketing department and got fired on my first day (I didn't even get a cubicle). A catchier name would get more love I suppose but I was also hoping I'd get some love if people that needed it just tried it out and it didn't eat their soul.

I might end up falling back onto Awesome Bot Manager?