View Single Post
El Diablo War3Evo
Veteran Member
Old 06-11-2016 , 08:56   Coming Soon: War3Source:EVO (TF2, FoF, CSS, CSGO)
Reply With Quote #1

So, War3Source has been around for quite a while and I know they have their own website. There has been many servers that has created War3Source private versions. I want to announce that I am working to make my version open source. I feel when it is open source, that players that once loved this game will love it again.

Currently the Translations files do not work completely, but that will be fixed after all other conversions have been done for the public.

It should be compatible with TF2, FoF, CS:S, and CS:GO. Out of those four, TF2 will be the most compatible and have the best new races. CS:GO will require much work and the other two will work fine.

My version incorporates the latest technology that Sourcemod and Metamod has to offer. Also allows you to write races using the MethodMap function, which makes writing races to much easier and is NOT in War3Source original.

The main thing I am doing to convert it for open source is removing "War3Evo" and "W3E" from the text and replacing it with "War3Source:EVO" and a few other details relating to War3Evo's tagging and database system.

I have several server owners that are willing to run this new version when it becomes open source. I am here to announce that is what I'm working on.

How long before it is released? Unsure as I only have weekends to work on this project. I will keep this thread updated as I progress each weekend.

My version of War3Source has these benefits (including private updates):

* uses private forwards on the most cpu intensive forwards and uses global forwards on less cpu intensive forwards. This will allow you to run so many more races with so much less lag.
* uses methodmaps. This allows you to write races much easier.
* is being converted for the new variables format
* Has been rewritten multiple times. Each rewrite makes a better engine.
* Teleport Engine (lets you do amazing stuff with teleporting in your races)
* Easy Buff updates. Currently the Easy buff on War3Source's website is buggy, so I will have my fixes included.
* Aura engine updates.
* Optional Shopmenu 3 (permanent items)
* Optional Talent Specs (Similar to Warcraft's Talent Calculator) - TF2 only atm
* Download Control Engine
* Extensive Notifications for players
* Special Players Preferences
* Players can "turn off" most War3Source graphic effects to help low cpu players
* Players can toggle on/off extra combat information that would spam their chat
* Optional KDR system - Basically handicaps players whom have "too high of a KDR"
* New Wards / Wards Checking
* If shop 3 is enabled - new currency - Platinum
* New Casting Engine - for "spells that require delay" & special effects
* Each race can have a different skin (TF2 tested, but should work on other game consoles)
* New Player benefits Engine
* Optionally Hide CSGO Radar while looking at menus
* A few races that will be new for TF2
* Banking Engine for Gold - allows players to "save gold" and then be able to "withdraw" later
* New "Instant Race Changing" --> Can cause issues between races that are not properly handling the instant change
* Owner can "Pause War3Source" during game play
* Being able to instantly reload any race during a production game for updates
* And so much more.... figure 6 years of updates and the first 4 of those years was daily updates.
* Is special compiled for each game console (Why have addons or source code that don't work in one game or the other just using sourcemod memory?)

If you feel that it would be worth my time and investment into releasing my private version of War3Source, please do comment below and boost my ego on this

Last edited by El Diablo War3Evo; 06-11-2016 at 08:59. Reason: spelling