View Single Post
cravenge
Veteran Member
Old 06-04-2016 , 05:29   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Climb Everywhere
Reply With Quote #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGG View Post
Here is my humble addition, the only change I have done is it changes what button is used for ghosts (now duck in midair, not use), and gives ghosts a custom hint message to jump and duck to engage the climb.

EDIT: So, slight bug, infected ghosts show to survivors while climbing, or more accurately, the clone does. I'm trying to make a fix, but I barely understand the code, at the moment, i have the clone invisible to everyone if the SI is in ghost mode. Any Idea how to make it render to infected only?

EDIT 2: After learning a little of how SDKHook_SetTransmit works, I fixed the ghosts showing to survivors bug, updated attachment.

EDIT 3: Well, after trying it with some friends tonight, found a nasty bug that would cause everyone to crash if more than 1 player was on infected, fixed it, re-uploaded attachment. Love the mod so far
Why print hints late? I mean, after the client pressed SPACE or jumped? Possibly, that would throw error if said client suddenly disconnected from bad connection or high ping.

Anyways, I'm posting mine that has optimized coding (some functions were found in the code that the plugin never really used). Also, a little fix for ghost climb, pressing E on a surface while in ghost mode no longer activates the clone function and changed OnSetTransmitGhost to OnSetTransmitClient since there was no function like that while thoroughly scanning the code.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (climb_everywhere.sp - 1074 views - 33.8 KB)

Last edited by cravenge; 06-04-2016 at 11:13.