View Single Post
Phil25
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-23-2016 , 03:16   Re: [TF2] Roll The Dice (Revamped)
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheadxdll View Post
One complaint is that the process for developers creating custom perks is flawed. I think psychonic wrote the best implementation of a modular plugin system. I encourage you to look it over here: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=115914.
I can't believe I haven't seen that plugin, I will surly look into it. And yes, I do agree that the perk system is not perfect and needs rewriting here and there. Although my goal for it was to actually make a singular plugin with no additional smx's, it would be nice to have others create perks without me having to add them.

There is one thing I noticed, though. If I'm reading it correctly, perks register randomly having different IDs each time. I'd wanted it to keep the integrity when it comes to those because I know various admins who actually remembered some perk IDs and keep relating to that. I'm sure something could be figured out nonetheless. That, and the other thing being the ridiculous amount of cvars each module would bring :p

Thanks for the vote of confidence!

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I'm looking to add support for the Updater, too, and not sure whether modular plugins would work well with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie1992 View Post
hope there will be one more update for this soon, to fix up some bugs...
And sorry for not updating the plugin in a while but I've been quite busy past this week or two. Luckily, I have some free time very soon and I'll try to work on RTD as much as I can.

Last edited by Phil25; 03-23-2016 at 03:19.