View Single Post
Syturi0
Veteran Member
Old 03-17-2016 , 23:34   Re: Place model\image\sprite in constant position on screen
Reply With Quote #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Depresie View Post
As i said and in other topics, i will say it here again

It is possible to show a sprite or a model but not on the hud, only in the front of the player
You can create the illusion that it is set on the hud, by creating a thinking entity and move it along with the player, but you will have issues with the entity going through walls, and also shaking/moving delay

The best way to do it without shaking is to create a view model and set it to the player when you want it to be displayed, but i cannot be done for dead players, and also it will replace the player's weapon model

Also, there will be an issue with players who use left hand for weapons ( it will displayed the writing backwards ) and cannot be fixed without slow hacking due to a bug that occurs when minimizing the game

The best and most decent way to display a nice message on the player's screen is dhud message..

But if you guys want it that much, i may create a plugin using view model if i will have any free time, but im gonna need images with the messages you want to be displayed.. i dont have time to create them
Or you can teach us(me) how to make viewmodels so we(i) can create them.