View Single Post
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 02-24-2016 , 12:46   Re: [CS:GO] 2/23 New update - *4096 model precache table*
Reply With Quote #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potato Uno View Post
the client mac binary (which has debug symbols in it)
It doesn't and hasn't for months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kossolax View Post
So, anyone can confirm that changing a weapon into another custom model is still safe? I'm talking about zombie hands and stuff like this.
That should still be fine. As far as I can tell, the detection hasn't changed from before. The specifics of it aren't completely clear to me, but I know that completely custom models did not trigger it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
It immediately bans servers that change the netprops of the weapons. Even if you knew exactly what netprops they were you cant just avoid it.
Avoiding anything in the DT_ScriptCreatedItem table, which exist on the m_Item propDT_AttributeContainer table, should be fine. (So no changing item def index, quality, attributes, paint, wear, etc.). You can see these in the tree of a netprop dump.

If you would like confirmation of specific props, I can check them later.

Testing changes to item def index wasn't done before since no one asked (as it didn't seem necessary as the actual changes were in the spirit of the rules). In hindsight, it makes sense that all of the econ data for the weapon would be checked for validity.

Edit: DT_AttributeContainer, not DT_ScriptCreatedItem. Need to go one level up from m_Item.

Last edited by psychonic; 02-24-2016 at 12:55.