View Single Post
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 01-15-2016 , 23:01   [TF2] Racing + Mario Kart Mods
Reply With Quote #1

This is a plugin created for the Fire Friendly community. It was created around the month karts were released. I will not maintain or improve it to any great extent. It is released "as is" in the hope that it will be useful or enjoyed by the community.

It should be mostly functional. With some small edits it could be made fully functional, by teleporting sprites/models to player locations ongameframe. Someone will need to implement this. Attachments of models to player models are not supported directly.
To allow for 1.7+ compatability, I have renamed some variables (this -> this_) as well as (object -> this_object). Should you find any wierd errors or problems, it could be this, though I doubt it.

The plugin requires special maps with specific entities to allow for race functions (position tracking, special power-ups, multiple tracks, etc).

tfk_mario_raceway4 is provided, the VMF is also available.

race.sp -> core race manager, which provides some basic functions such as tracking players, laps, and circuits. There are many natives and forwards to allow for integration with other race plugins.
- not working: sprite to display rank above player's head

optional:
mario.sp -> mario kart themed game mode, with powerups and abilities. Many of these assets are packed into the custom map.
- not working: orbit items that attach and orbit the player

optional:
race_config.sp -> allows music, commands, and settings to be changed per map and per track.

Map, sounds, etc here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5...VlzTDBfTVd1QXc
Attached Files
File Type: zip race_mod.zip (43.0 KB, 506 views)

Last edited by friagram; 01-15-2016 at 23:11.